Monday, June 2, 2008

CorkPride2008 in Black and White

"These fucking shoes are killing me!"- the words of a transvestite at corkpride2008.

Corkpride2008 was held on 1st of June and marked the third pride parade in Cork.

The carnival themed festival was like a breath of fresh air.

Whilst most on-lookers did not turn up especially for the occassion but rather just happened to be in the right place at the right time or wrong place at the wrong time - whichever way you look at it - it certainly made ya stop and stare, didn't it?

Spotted outside Merchants Quay were two women with a hound on a leash, looking absolutely disgusted and rather butch if I may add. If ever I wondered what female queer-bashers would look like, I wonder no more.

Most seemed pretty happy to be sucked into the fun though and school girls were whole heartedly singing along to "I Will Survive". Yes, you will survive!






Pride Parade (Cork)

No comments: